[DB-SIG] :1 vs. :arg variables in SQL (oracle interface).

Anthony Baxter arb@connect.com.au
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 11:12:57 +1000

I'm working my way through the oracle interface, adding the bits I need.

Right now I'm looking at the insert of multiple rows - from the OCI manuals
I have, it looks like the only way to do these are with obindps(). obindps()
only supports the :name form of variables, not positional ones. This is
a problem.

Looking at the DC guys' documentation, they chose to fix this by breaking
backwards compatibility - you have to use :p1 instead of :1, &c. I'd prefer
not to have to do this, but I'm at a bit of a loss as to what else to do.

Anyone?

Anthony