[DB-SIG] DB API 1.1a3

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Wed, 01 Jul 1998 22:29:51 +0200

Tod Olson wrote:

> M> I've uploaded a new edited version of the API 1.1 specification. It
> M> includes most of the things and modifications we have discussed in
> M> the past weeks (I probably forgot some):
>
> M>         http://starship.skyport.net/~lemburg/DatabaseAPI-1.1.html
>
> M> Comments ?
>
> I notice that 1.1 no longer requires Connection objects to implement
> all Cursor object attributes and methods.  Any reason?  I would like
> the requirement to remain.

Is anybody using this ? I think it's a better idea to provide a
dummy cursor object than having connection objects give access to
cursor methods and attributes: it makes porting applications a lot
easier. Database interfaces which do not really support cursors
could raise an exception if more than one cursor is being created.
But that's of course just my POV.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg                               Y2000: 548 days left
          : Python Pages >>> http://starship.skyport.net/~lemburg/  :