[DB-SIG] Re: oracle db module status

Ronald Hiller ron@graburn.com
Thu, 03 Dec 1998 22:49:47 -0500

I just put in a couple of printf's in Anthony's code.  In one case, the
"ofen" function returns 1000 items on each loop, in the other case only 1.
I am playing with two tables (both my own), the one that works has 13,000
rows, the one that doesn't has 47,000 rows.  This seems higly mysterious
("ofen"??).  BTW, I am using Oracle 7.3.2.3, so it's not just an Oracle 8
problem.

I've never played with Oracle OCI code before, so I don't know how those
functions are *supposed* to work, but this doesn't seem right.

When ofen returns a single item the return code is 1405.  When it returns
lots of rows, all calls except the last have a return code of 0, the last
returns 1403.  Where are these documented?

Ron