[DB-SIG] ObjectStore and/or Sybase interfaces?

Jim Fulton jim.fulton@digicool.com
Tue, 15 Jul 1997 09:02:06 -0400

John W. Shipman wrote:

> We have ObjectStore from Object Design Inc. installed at our
> site.  Is there a native, o-o Python interface available or in
> development?

I'm not aware of one, but I remember talking to someone at the
3rd Python workshop who was considering developing something.
Unfortunately, I don't remember their name.

Yes, there is.  See http://www.python.org/ftp/python/contrib/Database/

> Since we're looking mainly at new
> applications and not so much legacy apps, I have a slight
> preference for the more pure o-o route offered by ObjectStore.
>
> Assuming that there's no currently available Python interface to
> either ObjectStore or Python, which one should I write first?

We have a Python-based OODB that we developed here.  It has evolved
(and continues to evolve) from a persistent-object system
(http://www.digicool.com/releases/bobo/Persistence.html) that was
releases as a part of our web-object publishing system, Bobo
(http://www.digicool.com/releases/bobo).  Let me know if you'd like to
find out more.

Jim

--