[Datetime-SIG] Another round on error-checking

Stuart Bishop stuart at stuartbishop.net
Wed Sep 2 09:42:07 CEST 2015

On 1 September 2015 at 04:42, Alexander Belopolsky
<alexander.belopolsky at gmail.com> wrote:

> This forum may not be inclusive enough for this.  People in this group know
> too much!

Not all of us. I claim ignorance from not being able to follow this
complete thread :)

My naive assumptions would be that dt1 == dt2 implies that
dt1.utctimetuple() == dt2.utctimetuple(). Which means the hash
implementation can just be hash(dt.utctimetuple()).
datetime.utctimetuple() already defines dst flag munging, which seems
very similar to the fold munging suggestions I skimmed past.

--
Stuart Bishop <stuart at stuartbishop.net>
http://www.stuartbishop.net/