[Datetime-SIG] How open are we to re-thinking the whole thing?

Ethan Furman ethan at stoneleaf.us
Fri Jul 31 22:09:45 CEST 2015

Personally I think what we have is pretty good.

We can shore up the cracks with a new tzinfo object to handle actual durations across time skips.

We can add a datedelta to handle things like weeks and months and years -- if we need to.  I think the first step is the new tzinfo, and after that it seems there are already a bunch of third-party
modules to handle "human time" calculations.

--
~Ethan~