[Datetime-SIG] Datetime arithmetic proposal

Chris Barker chris.barker at noaa.gov
Wed Jul 29 04:11:09 CEST 2015

On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 7:04 PM, Alexander Belopolsky <
alexander.belopolsky at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 9:54 PM, Chris Barker <chris.barker at noaa.gov>
> wrote:
> > 1) timespan since an epoch: -- i.e seconds since Jan 1, 1970 00:00. This
> is
> > how the datetime object keeps it internally.
>
> No, it is not.  You are probably confusing stdlib datetime with
> numpy.datetime64.

or who knows what else! I've been involved with far toomany datetime
conversations lately!

> The stdlib datetime keeps broken down year, month, day, hour, minute,
> second
> and microsecond values.

Thanks for the clarification -- that would make calendar manipulations
easier, I suppose. And I can see why anyone would even consider storing in
particular time zone format.

Sorry to confuse things.

-Chris

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov