[Cython] Annotations and Cython 3

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 01:54:10 EDT 2021

On Mon, 25 Oct 2021 at 21:57, da-woods <dw-git at d-woods.co.uk> wrote:

> One further option would be to revert to Cython 0.29 behaviour, but
> support the PEP-563 version as a "from __future__" import (essentially
> following the current behaviour of Python).

In any case, if you know how and can implement the __future__ import, that
would be great. Otherwise, valid Python3 code using that import currently
fails to compile in Cython.
In addition, perhaps you should consider adding a compiler directive (or
there is one already that I'm missing?) that we can pass with -X o type as
a #cython comment in sources.
In the face of ambiguity... give users various alternatives to the control
the behavior.

--
Lisandro Dalcin