[Cython] strange error message

Baptiste Carvello devel at baptiste-carvello.net
Tue Jan 5 04:12:57 EST 2016

Le 31/12/2015 01:00, Robert Bradshaw a écrit :
> On Mon, Dec 28, 2015 at 1:15 PM, Baptiste Carvello
> <devel at baptiste-carvello.net> wrote:
>> Le 28/12/2015 17:12, Baptiste Carvello a écrit :
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> not a cython dev, but I believe I hit the very same problem (I'm going
>>> on vacation now, full report in January).
>>>
>>> You may fix the compilation error by adding the following unused import:
>>
>> sorry, that's a cimport, i.e.

> +1, that's the solution. We should make the error better...

Hi, back from vacation :-)

I would like to know if this behaviour (not taking namespace into
account in generated Cython code) is a deliberate design choice, or a
wart that should be fixed if possible. In the latter case, I'll open an
issue about it.

FYI, the behaviour was newly introduced in 2014 when the Python<->C
conversion code was rewritten (rev. fd565517). Code like the OP's worked
fine before that.

Baptiste