[Cython] Python 3 wheels including bytecode files.

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 12:11:47 CEST 2015

After getting AppVeyor to work, I noticed that Python 3 wheels do
include __pycache__ directory. This also happens with in OS X as well
as Linux.

I think the root of the issue resides in setup.py, in the build_ext
command class workaround that seems to be a legacy thing from the time
Cython required 2to3. BTW, in setup.py, compile_cython_modules()
follows quite a different path in Python 2 versus 3.

Unless some of you believe we should keep things that way, I'll try to
fix setup.py to be as much independent as possible of the major Python
version.

--
Lisandro Dalcin

4700 King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
al-Khawarizmi Bldg (Bldg 1), Office # 4332
Thuwal 23955-6900, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
http://www.kaust.edu.sa

Office Phone: +966 12 808-0459