[Cython] fixing jedi typing support with Jedi 0.9

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Sun May 3 11:29:05 CEST 2015

Hi,

due to changes in Jedi 0.9 [1], the automatic jedi typing support is now
broken. Since I remember there being some interest in automatic static
Python code typing, I'm asking here if anyone's interested in fixing it, or
really maintaining it.

The latest Jedi release is aiming towards better integration with external
tools, so there should be way to implement this in a cleaner way than what
I hacked up last year. The current code is here:

https://github.com/cython/cython/blob/master/Tools/jedi-typer.py

The new intended starting point (instead of jedi.Script) seems to be
jedi.names() for static code analysis, which then returns a list of
"Definition" objects.

http://jedi.jedidjah.ch/en/latest/docs/plugin-api-classes.html

Anyone interested? Please keep further discussion on the cython-devel
mailing list (not cython-users).

Stefan

[1] http://jedi.jedidjah.ch/