[Cython] NumFOCUS

William Stein wstein at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 21:22:52 CET 2012

On Mar 5, 2012 11:02 AM, "Dag Sverre Seljebotn" <d.s.seljebotn at astro.uio.no>
wrote:

> To whoever hasn't heard the news already, there's now a NumPy Foundation
for Open Code for Usable Science:

> http://numfocus.org/
>
> Cython is on the "looking for representatives" list (my English fails me
as to what exactly that means though).

> They are seeking US tax-exempt status. So:
>
>  a) Cython users who wants to sponsor development may be able to
contribute through this organizatin

>  b) It's a place Cython devs should keep in mind as a possible source of
funding for good projects or workshop opportunities (if money can help --
which is often not the case, but sometimes)

On this topic, keep me in mind too, as I have an NSF grant right now that
can be used for such things.