[Cython] Scope resolution in a Visitor

Romain Guillebert romain.py at gmail.com
Tue May 24 22:36:17 CEST 2011

> Sounds to me like you should attach the necessary information to the
> symbol table entry when analysing he "external" declaration.

That's what I wanted to do that's why I asked how I could access the
external declaration node

> We currently store a "cname", so adding something like a property name
> or accessor information should fit your use case. We may want to
> reserve a separate namespace for Python output related information,
> though. Maybe something like "entry.pybackend.*"?

This would be a clean way to do it

> Also, we considered having module level properties at some point.
> That may fall into the same bucket.

Writing a transformation for that should be relatively straightforward.

> What should happen for cimported declarations? Will they be handled
> in the same way as internally defined "external" declarations? I
> guess so, even if they may be shared between modules.

There's 2 possibilities I think :
- For each file we generate the wrapping functions
- For each pxd file, generate a file containing the wrapping functions

Romain