[Cython] Rewriting/compiling parts of CPython's stdlib in Cython

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Thu Mar 24 18:42:55 CET 2011

Stefan Behnel, 22.03.2011 08:59:
> Robert Bradshaw, 22.03.2011 08:14:
>> On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 11:10 PM, Stefan Behnel wrote:
>>> Reimplementing existing C modules in Cython might, however, be more
>>> interesting for python-dev, but also be a larger undertaking. So a GSoC
>>> might be worth running on that.
>>
>> I think that's a great idea. Would you be willing to mentor such a project.
>
> As usual, I'm not sure I'll have the time, but if no-one else steps up, I'd
> consider it.

Should we sign up with the PSF GSoC umbrella to officially propose this
project?

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dHh3WFNGYzkyWWE0ZjM1eFFoUUVGWmc6MQ

Do we have any other topics for the GSoC this year? We'd be just in time if
we discuss this at the workshop, although somewhat late already. The
student application deadline is from March 28 to April 8.

http://socghop.appspot.com/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2011/timeline