[Cython] [GSoC] CTypes backend for Cython aiming PyPy - Week 2

Yury V. Zaytsev yury at shurup.com
Tue Jun 7 09:20:49 CEST 2011

Hi Romain!

On Tue, 2011-06-07 at 04:40 +0200, Romain Guillebert wrote:

> I summarized the second week of my Summer of Code project in this blog
> post:
> http://rguillebert.blogspot.com/2011/06/cython-backend-aiming-pypy-week-2.html

Great job, keep on rocking! This is just to let you know how I consider
your efforts important.

We have Python bindings for our project done in plain Python API, I was
for long toying the idea of re-implementing them in Cython which will
for sure make it so much more efficient and easier to maintain, but the
major objection was that it's a dead-end since it's not gonna work with
PyPy, and a ctypes backend would be more preferable. Now there is a
possibility that it's no longer going to be the case...

Wow!

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev