[Cython] prange CEP updated

mark florisson markflorisson88 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 13:12:27 CEST 2011

On 11 April 2011 13:03, Dag Sverre Seljebotn <d.s.seljebotn at astro.uio.no> wrote:
> On 04/11/2011 01:02 PM, Dag Sverre Seljebotn wrote:
>>
>> On 04/11/2011 12:14 PM, mark florisson wrote:

>>> You need 'old_ell' and 'alpha' after the loop?
>>

>> No...but I need the values to not be blanked out at the beginning of
>> each loop iteration!
>
> Sorry, I now realize that re-reading your email I may have misunderstood
> you. Anyway, no, I don't need lastprivate at all anywhere.

Right, so basically you can rewrite your example by introducing the
parallel block (which doesn't add an indentation level as you're
already using nogil) and assigning to your variables that need to be
firstprivate there. The only thing you miss out on is lastprivate
behaviour. So basically, the question is, do we want explicit syntax
for such a rare case (firstprivate + lastprivate)?

I must say, I found your previous argument of future shared
declarations persuasive enough to introduce explicit syntax.