[Csv] CSV interface question

Dave Cole djc at object-craft.com.au
Wed Jan 29 11:50:30 CET 2003

>> Maybe we should consider a "container of options" class (of which
>> the dialects would be subclasses). The sniffing code could then
>> return an instance of this class (which wouldn't necessarily be a
>> dialect). With this, you might do things like:

Andrew> Another thought - rather than specify the dialect name as a
Andrew> string, it could be specified as a class or instance -
Andrew> something like:

Andrew>     csv.reader(fileobj, csv.dialect.excel)

Andrew> Thoughts?

Is there a downside to this?  I can't see one immediately.

- Dave

--
http://www.object-craft.com.au