various CVS references

Kevin Altis altis at semi-retired.com
Tue Jan 28 07:39:28 CET 2003

Just for reference some Google searches of "cvs spec" "comma separated
values" and some other variants produced

Java
http://ostermiller.org/utils/CSVLexer.html

Perl
http://rath.ca/Misc/Perl_CSV/

http://rath.ca/Misc/Perl_CSV/CSV-2.0.html#csv%20specification

A search on CPAN for csv yields a lot of different modules, some with test
data.

http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/mod_perl/cpan-search?request=search

The TCL standard libs (whatever those are ;-) has a module

http://tcllib.sourceforge.net/doc/csv.html

MSDN references

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/netdir/ad/c
omma-separated_value_csv_scripts.asp

There are a variety of other things on MSDN, none of which seem particularly
helpful. Apparently, the MS Commerce server actually contains ImportCSV and
ExportCSV methods. I'm still searching to see if I can find further MS
qualifications of CSV and/or tab-delimitted formats as supported by various
tools.

ka