DSVWizard.py

Dave Cole djc at object-craft.com.au
Tue Jan 28 01:43:33 CET 2003

>>>>> "Skip" == Skip Montanaro <skip at pobox.com> writes:

Cliff> BTW, where are we planning on hosting this project?  Under one
Cliff> of the existing projects or somewhere else?

Dave> If we are trying to get this into Python shouldn't we use
Dave> something like sourceforge.  Has anyone been through the process
Dave> of getting code into Python before?

Skip> I have checkin privileges on the Python repository.  I doubt it
Skip> will be difficult to get all of you set up similarly.  The
Skip> Python CVS sandbox would then make a logical place to host it:

Skip>
Skip> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/python/python/nondist/sandbox/

Skip> I can just create a "csv" subdirectory there to get us started.

I like that plan.

I would be more than happy to have our code moved into the sandbox
with the goal of having this go into Python 2.3.

Unless I am missing the point, I assume you plan to have something
like the following as a starting point:

* A new csv.py Python module which exports the interface defined in
  the PEP.

* Our current CSV parser renamed to something like _csvparser.

* The torture test.

- Dave

--
http://www.object-craft.com.au