[Csv] confused about wrapping readers and writers

Andrew McNamara andrewm at object-craft.com.au
Mon Feb 10 11:26:33 CET 2003

>I think it is well nigh time to let this code loose on the Python
>community.

It now works with Python 2.2, which certainly makes this more feasible.
Supporting versions of Python prior to 2.2 is problematic - the type
model is very different, and they don't have iterators (which the C code
uses in some key locations).

>The only possible addition now would be some kind of
>mechanism whereby something like the db_row could be linked in with
>the module.
>
>        http://opensource.theopalgroup.com/
>
>Mind you the application might be the best place to do this kind of
>linkage.

Maybe Skip's dictionary stuff would get us closer?

We haven't made any impression on the csv.utils sub-module yet - things
like the sniffer. We want to watch we don't miss the 2.3 boat - what's
the next step?

http://www.object-craft.com.au/