[Csv] PEP 305

Dave Cole djc at object-craft.com.au
Fri Apr 11 02:30:08 CEST 2003

>>>>> "Skip" == Skip Montanaro <skip at pobox.com> writes:

Noah> This is great. This has my vote. Probably half of my projects
Noah> have a CSV parser somewhere.  For better or worse, I use CSV
Noah> files far more than I use XML. A built-in CSV parser just makes
Noah> sense.

Skip> Thanks for the vote of confidence.  The csv code is now in the
Skip> Python CVS repository.  I need to check in one itty bitty change
Skip> (to hoist the contents of the csv.csv module to the top level)
Skip> and then I think the API is set.  Barring an highly unlikely
Skip> change of heart by the BDFL the csv package will be in 2.3.

I would just like to thank Skip for going the distance and making this
happen.  It takes a special type of doggedness to take something that
is 90% complete and perform the remaining 90% of work.

A job well done.

- Dave

--
http://www.object-craft.com.au