[Cryptography-dev] Is SHA-1 secure when used in HMAC and PBKDF2?

Paul Kehrer paul.l.kehrer at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 17:14:17 EDT 2017

Echoing Alex's comments, SHA1's problems do not affect HMAC constructions
so there's no current security issue. That said, optics in cryptography can
be important (as you're seeing with your user requests now). You will save
yourself a great deal of low grade noise in the future by simply switching
now.