[Cryptography-dev] Upcoming pyOpenSSL release

Hynek Schlawack hs at ox.cx
Thu Mar 17 08:07:42 EDT 2016

I’d say just (#)pyca would be enough.  If it ever gets too busy, we can always open additional channels.

>> > # Domain?
>> >
>> > We spoke a few times about it without a real conclusion. I find having a pyca.io <http://pyca.io/> like pypa.io <http://pypa.io/> would be neat.
>>
>> Sure.
>
> What do you envision as a landing page? We don't really have any content to live on a site like that right now right?

What Donald wrote.  Some general info, a few words about the currently supported projects (we don’t really have an overview what projects we have and why ATM) maybe GPG keys.

>> > # CoC
>> >
>> > The PSF CoC is crap. Anyone opposed adopting http://contributor-covenant.org <http://contributor-covenant.org/> which seems to be the general consensus outside “my constitutional rights are violated if I can’t go full Torvalds in code review” circles?
>>
>> I’m strongly +1 on adopting the contributor covenant, which I already use everywhere else I can.
>
> We've talked a bit in the past about a CoC for cryptography since there's a general consensus that the PSF CoC isn't particularly useful. This issue (https://github.com/pyca/cryptography/issues/2161 <https://github.com/pyca/cryptography/issues/2161>) discussed Open Code of Conduct, but hynek mentioned contributor convenant at the time and it seems like it has gained some mindshare. I have no objection to it being adopted for pyopenssl and potentially cryptography as well.

Since nobody objected, I’m doing this for pyOpenSSL for now.  Since cryptography is mostly yours and Alex’s, I don’t want to impose any meta burden on you.

Cheers,
—h