[Cryptography-dev] use of poor implementations of algorithms

Alex Gaynor alex.gaynor at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 18:11:53 EDT 2016

Probably the one in our readme/homepage.

It's been a while since we wrote that. If I recall correctly, PyCrypto's
AES implementation is vulnerable to the cache timing side-channel that DJB
wrote about many years ago.

Alex

On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 6:10 PM, Glyph Lefkowitz <glyph at twistedmatrix.com>
wrote:

> On Jun 29, 2016, at 23:09, Jay Gupta <cooljay.gupta at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> could you provide concrete examples of your criticism of other Python
> cryptographic packages, especially about poor algorithm interpretations?
>

> What specific criticism are you referring to?  Cryptography developers
> have been critical of other packages (and their own!) in a variety of
> contexts.
>
> -glyph

GPG Key fingerprint: D1B3 ADC0 E023 8CA6