[Cryptography-dev] SCEP OID support

Micah Baker hacim.rekab at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 02:03:50 CEST 2015

Hi Paul,

SCEP requires a senderNonce and transactionID to be returned to the client requesting the certificate. Those two values are included in the signed message the client sends to the server, and then the server must take the two values and include them in the response to the client or the client is supposed to reject the response. This is not just adding an OID for a capability, it’s also adding a value to the OID which must be included in the signed response. Does  x509.ObjectIdentifier allow something to the effect of 1.2.3.4=some random bytes or text?

Thanks,

Micah