[Cryptography-dev] Help required for RSAPrivateKeyWithSerialization

Paul Kehrer paul.l.kehrer at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 16:34:20 CET 2015

Hi Olivier,

The currently released version (0.7.2) does not support saving the keys, but 0.8 (which should be out in the next few days) will support it via "private_bytes" (https://cryptography.io/en/latest/hazmat/primitives/asymmetric/rsa/#cryptography.hazmat.primitives.asymmetric.rsa.RSAPrivateKeyWithSerialization.private_bytes). At that point when you call rsa.generate_private_key() you can verify you get back an object with the RSAPrivateKeyWithSerialization interface by calling isinstance(key, rsa.RSAPrivateKeyWithSerialization).

-Paul Kehrer