[Cryptography-dev] Cryptography_add_osrandom_engine failure?

Paul Kehrer paul.l.kehrer at gmail.com
Sat Feb 22 18:38:05 CET 2014

This is caused by cryptography being imported twice via different paths when it is installed via setuptools in python setup.py test. This PR (https://github.com/pyca/cryptography/pull/660) fixed the problem in trunk, but we need to do a 0.2.1 release to resolve it for pip installs.

The release has been held up a bit since this project has not had to do a release off anything but master to this point. The current proposal is to do the following:

* Branch off v0.2 tag and push to pyca/cryptography
* submit #660 as another PR against that tag, review it & merge it
* release off the branch