[Cryptography-dev] Let the flood gates open!

Jarret Raim jarret.raim at RACKSPACE.COM
Mon Sep 9 23:20:41 CEST 2013

What about combining the two approaches.

We currently have:
bindings/openssl
api.py

Where api.py includes both the CFFI code and the API methods themselves.

The main api.py stays the same, but contains only high-level, generic API calls and imports the lower level API methods from the api package. We add two new packages:

Bindings/openssl/api
Bindings/openssl/cffi (need better name?)

The api package would allow us to break up the api definitions. Something like block.py, tls.py, hmac.py, etc.

The cffi package would contain the CFFI definitions. We don't have to decompose as much as opentls did, but it would be similar. We could also then pull over most of the work that was already done in opentls. These bindings would then be imported by the api package.

Just a straw man suggestion. I'm pretty new to openssl development and I'm mostly a ruby dev with a little experience in Python. Poke away. If its valuable, I could mock out something tonight / tomorrow and we can argue about it.

Jarret