[C++-sig] Python support in boost::python (what version)

Jones, Torrin A (US) torrin.jones at baesystems.com
Wed May 22 13:41:40 EDT 2019

What did you expect ? It's obvious that a given release of Boost.Python can not make any compatibility guarantees about future Python releases

. . .

What's your point, exactly ? What are you trying to do ?
You're right.  All I'm trying to do is gather information that I can submit and hopefully get approved.

I would *hope* that Boost.Python 1.66.0 was compatible with Python 3.6.4

Agreed.  That was just an example for illustration.  Not a criticism.  And since you made the point about the major and minor version of python and backward-compatibility that's something else for me to think about before I present something.

Thanks for your help on this.