[C++-sig] Linking issues with Boost.Python 1.69.0, Python 2.7, MSVC 14.0

Sarah Rust sarah.rust at roosterteeth.com
Mon Mar 25 10:38:09 EDT 2019

Hello!

I have been trying to build and link the latest Boost.Python to work with
Python 2.7 and my Visual Studio 2015 project (MSVC 14.0) with x64
configuration. I've added the Boost library and Boost include directory to
my project's properties, but I am getting the following error when I create
a BOOST_PYTHON_MODULE:

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) struct
_object * __cdecl boost::python::detail::init_module(char const *,void
(__cdecl*)(void))" (__imp_?init_module at detail@python at boost@@YAPEAU_object@
@PEBDP6AXXZ at Z)

Please let me know how others are doing this.

Thanks,
Sarah