[C++-sig] Building tutorial example out of the boost tree, on Windows

Gary Oberbrunner garyo at genarts.com
Mon Oct 7 17:35:02 CEST 2013

----- Original Message -----

Hi Raghav; no, I seem to have that dll. I meant the dll that results from building the extension project itself -- I guess it's actually a .pyd; sorry for the confusion.

Your link at garkavictor says to ignore bjam and b2 and just make a Visual Studio project to build the extension; I guess I will also try that next. (I am one of the maintainers of SCons, the python-based build tool; if I can make it build under VS I can probably also make it build under SCons, which would be cool.)

Actually now that I am looking closely at your blog post, it is for going the other way ("embedding" rather than "extending") but I guess extending is similar, just make a DLL project and rename the output or something maybe?

--

Gary Oberbrunner