[C++-sig] boost::python with virtual inheritance and g++ c++0x/11 (testcase attached)

Holger Brandsmeier brandsmeier at gmx.de
Mon May 14 16:43:29 CEST 2012

>>> Clang doesn't compile boost python 1.49 at all. Sadly.
> Sure, you're right. Sorry, it was my fault in reading clang's error
> messages. It chockes on the c++ stl bits, not on boost, but they're
> included from boost, so the first thing I read was “boost”.
> Well, I cannot tell if it would choke on boost too, but I guess your
> testing setup is more sane than mine (at least it's not holding a spatula).

That is a typical error with clang, which is typically solved by point 6 here:
  http://clang.llvm.org/get_started.html
To use that advice you have to build your own clang though (not
difficult at all). Clang by default uses gcc's system libraries to be
binary compatible to the rest of Linux. The difficult part is that
this has to be adjusted for every distribution and every gcc version.
I experienced problems with this for multiple distributions.

-Holger