[C++-sig] The declaration is unexposed

vishal bayskar vishal.bayskar at nechclst.in
Thu May 27 13:46:36 CEST 2010

Hi All,

I know below problem is very wired, but let me know what is going wrong.

The declaration (class someClassB) is defended in file b.h in the same
directory (same as a.h) but this declaration is not getting exposed.

Please let me know why the declaration is not getting exposed though it is
in the same directory.

a.h
--------
include "b.h"
class someClassA
{
        public:
                someClassA( someClassB const &);
};

b.h
--------
class someClassB
{
public:
        someClassB();
};

export.py
-------------
import os
import pygccxml
from pyplusplus import module_builder
from pyplusplus.module_builder import call_policies
from pyplusplus import decl_wrappers

mb=module_builder.module_builder_t(["./a.h"],
)
mb.build_code_creator(module_name = 'testModule')
mb.write_module('testModule.cpp')

Error
--------------------
vbayskar at machine03 decl]$ python export.py
INFO Parsing source file "./a.h" ...
INFO gccxml cmd: /usr/local/bin/gccxml  -I"."   "./a.h"
-fxml="/tmp/tmpB13bTu.xml"
INFO GCCXML version - 0.9( 1.132 )

WARNING: someClassB [class]
> execution error W1040: The declaration is unexposed, but there are other
> declarations, which refer to it. This could
> cause "no to_python converter found" run time error. Declarations:
> someClassA::someClassA(someClassB const & arg0)
> [constructor]

Thanks
Vishal Bayskar