[C++-sig] [Py++] Undefined symbols for static const int member of class

Brian O'Kennedy brokenn at gmail.com
Fri May 21 15:38:53 CEST 2010

Hi Roman,

Thanks for the reply - I've had a look at those unit tests, but were
unable to reproduce the same results in my code. I get an error at
import:
     "AttributeError: 'Boost.Python.StaticProperty' object attribute
'__doc__' is read-only"

How do I go about running the Py++ unit tests?

As a matter of interest, I'm using Boost 1.42.0, Python 2.6.5, CVS
Head of GCCXML, CVS Head of pygccxml, CVS head of pyplusplus.

In any case, I don't actually have write access to the library I want
to wrap, so I needed another solution.

I'm currently simply excluding those static const int members with
 mb.class_('someclass').variable('myvar').exclude()

In that case, the particular class I'm wrapping works fine!

Thanks
 Brian