[C++-sig] Avoid Implicitly conversion for non direct conversion

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Wed Jan 6 08:59:40 CET 2010

On Dienstag 05 Januar 2010, Renato Araujo wrote:
> I would like to know if is possible to avoid this level of conversion
> and tell to boost.python only try the direct conversion,

Not as far as I know.

> because this
> make the functions call slower then normal calls,

But only if you pass objects that need to be converted, right?

> and some times cause
> a lot of problems in my classes.

Details?

You might have problems with overloaded functions, in which case Troy's
recently suggested BPL extension would most likely help.  (I am looking
forward to its integration).

Ciao, /  /                                                    .o.
    /  / ANS                                                  ooo