[C++-sig] Uh-oh now I am trying boost python embedding

Stefan Seefeld seefeld at sympatico.ca
Thu Jun 25 22:59:44 CEST 2009

On 06/25/2009 04:52 PM, Simon Pickles wrote:

> However, what if I want to pass a c++ type to a python class? Is there
> some way to covnert my class, Logger in this case, to an bpy object,
> or some other way?

Yes, and this conversion happens implicitly, by virtue of the converter
that has been created via class_<>.

So, the straight-forward way to do this is:

Logger *logger = ...;
bpl::object l = bpl::ptr(logger);

(the ptr() wrapper tells bpl that you want in fact pass by pointer.
Without it, bpl makes a copy.)

Regards,
         Stefan