[C++-sig] Boost.Python app keeps crashing in debug

Martin Walser NurEinDummy at gmx.de
Thu Feb 19 23:03:47 CET 2009

Hi Roman!
Thanks for replying! :)

Roman Yakovenko wrote:
> Did you try to build empty module and run it? This can help to see
> whether your environment works at all.

Just tried... indeed, I can import an empty module.

But the little HelloWorld App of the tutorial is already too much and I get
the mentioned access violation in the shown position (last mail) right in
the first line:

BOOST_PYTHON_MODULE(RueCExt)
{
	class_<World>("World", init<std::string>())	<= crash!!
		.def("greet", &World::greet)
		.def("set", &World::set)
		;
}

> > Finally I got my boost_python-vc80-mt-gdy-1_35.dll & .lib files.
>
> I guess, the problem is a mix of different C-runtimes.
>
> Python 2.5 is built using MSVC 7.1 ( VS 2003 ) compiler, while you use VS
> 2005.
>
> HTH

You point to the python25.dll and the python25_d.dll dependencies in my
boost_python-vc80-mt-gdy-1_35.dll?

Hm. Well, I didn't build the Release version of Python 2.5.
Took it from the installer.
I only built the debug version. (As I had to)

Already checked the python25_d.dll in dependency walker. This one seems to
be okay. No python25.dll dependencies in that one.