[C++-sig] Spirit Python bindings

Stefan Seefeld seefeld at sympatico.ca
Wed May 7 17:41:12 CEST 2008

Alex Klizhentas wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Are there any Python bindings for Spirit you are aware of?

I assume you are talking about boost.spirit here, right ?

Spirit seems to be all about (compile-time) metaprogramming. How can
that possibly be 'bound' to Python, which is all about runtime ?

Python has its own syntax, it's own support for operator overloading,
and its own handling of ASTs, which may be useful in constructing DSLs,
but I doubt that any of this relates to something as C++-frontend heavy
as Spirit.

Thanks,
       Stefan