[C++-sig] Py++ filter based on return type

Rolf Schlup rschlup at highspeedcrow.ca
Fri Mar 28 20:20:57 CET 2008

Hi Roman,

  I'm trying to bind a relatively complex interface class of an IG control
system and it has a lot of methods that return references to member which
are classes in themselves.  I'm also working on a script that will
automatically create a Py++ script from Rational Rose model.  I have become
a little stuck in creating a Py++ that will create a module class that will
build.

Hopefully, you'll be able to answer the following questions so that I can
get back to it

1)       Since there are a whole lot of methods, what is the best way to
work with the call policies - especially with the member functions that
return references to other classes using & and not pointers

2)       Minimize the need for 20 or more include declarations.  Including
only those files that are absolutely necessary for the class being bound

3)       I've been looking for examples for what I'm trying to do, but they
are very scarce.  I think I'm past the whole hello_world thing.  Is there a
place on the web that has what I'm looking for?

Thank you in advance,

Rolf Schlup