[C++-sig] Merging indexing_v2 to mainline

Raoul Gough RaoulGough at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Feb 10 17:42:11 CET 2008

A few years ago I worked on a new implementation of container indexing
support in Boost.Python, which never made it onto the Boost mainline. I
seem to remember that Dave had some reservations about the amount of
detailed documentation on the way the implementation worked, but haven't
dredged up any old emails on this point.

Since then, I haven't had much time to look at this, so the code has
always remained on the indexing_v2 branch. Nevertheless, I understand
that some people are using this code successfully, including pygccxml*,
so I was wondering if it would now be appropriate to merge this code
onto the mainline.

I didn't keep up with the CVS to SVN conversion, so I'm not sure how
hard this would be to get done. Any opinions or advice on getting this
started?

--
Cheers,
Raoul.