[C++-sig] Problem writing out split files with C++

Oliver Schweitzer oschweitzer at mac.com
Mon Apr 7 14:46:03 CEST 2008

Hi,

Py++ Module Builder has two methods (split_module and balanced_split_module) that allow, well, splitting of generated C++ source into several files.

When I call one of those methods for my Module, Py++ tries to generate several additional header files, filename like _<class/struct name>_value_traits.pypp.hpp

And I get the error:

IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:/TEMP/Develop/PythonWrapper/_basic_string< char, std::char_traits< char >, std::allocator< char > >__value_traits.pypp.hpp'

When I write out the module as a single file the related code looks like this, I guess:

[code]
namespace boost { namespace python { namespace indexing {

template<>
struct value_traits< std::basic_string< char, std::char_traits< char >, std::allocator< char > > >{

    static bool const equality_comparable = true;
    typedef std::equal_to< std::basic_string< char, std::char_traits< char >, std::allocator< char > > > equal_to;

    static bool const less_than_comparable = true;
    typedef std::less< std::basic_string< char, std::char_traits< char >, std::allocator< char > > > less;

    template<typename PythonClass, typename Policy>
    static void visit_container_class(PythonClass &, Policy const &){

}/*indexing*/ } /*python*/ } /*boost*/
[/code]

Help: What is this? What is it needed for? Can I fix this/stop py++ from trying to write this?

Best regards,

Oliver