[C++-sig] R: Re: R: Re: Boost.Python type registry

François Duranleau duranlef at iro.umontreal.ca
Sat Oct 6 03:29:07 CEST 2007

On Fri, 5 Oct 2007, Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve wrote:

> Would it help you if you had an interface to extract an array of
> type_info objects known to the registry?
> If you send patches with docs I'll review them.
> BTW: What you need seems very unusual. Could you explain the situation?
> Did you consider alternative approaches?

I don't know why the OP required this. I once thought it would be useful
for implicit conversions to/from boost.function objects, but then I
realized that even if you get the type_info, you still need to extract the
object without having a (C++) type. So I ended up having to register
manually an implicit conversion to/from boost.function for all exposed
functors, which is not all that convenient. And I have yet to make this
work for functions.

--
Francois Duranleau