[C++-sig] Boost.Python std::cerr segfault when built with -lGL

Gazihan Alankus gazihan at cse.wustl.edu
Sat May 26 02:15:35 CEST 2007

Stefan Seefeld wrote:
> (Is this 'GL' name specific to Gentoo ? On my distribution I would name it
> 'gl',
>  i.e. all minor case.)

Yes, it's libGL.so in my system and the file was created by mesa. I remember
having it as libgl.so in another system.

> Have you tried reducing your test case to the point where boost.python
> isn't part of the setup any more ? It doesn't sound as if your problem is
> related to neither Python nor boost, in any case.

Yes, apparently I wasn't right about that -lGL causing that, althought it
looked like that for the last hour before posting that message. Now it's
almost randomly based on my build parameters. I'll post later when I figure
things out. Thanks for the reply.

-Gazi