[C++-sig] Better introspection/apidoc extraction support?

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at yahoo.com
Tue May 22 19:14:42 CEST 2007

> > How exactly does this work?  Are there web pages about this?
>
> Not that I know of.  AFAICS, there is no public API for that (that's why I
> wrote "half-private"), but if you look at a functions func_code.co_XXX and
> func_defaults properties, you see that there is a lot of internal information
> available in CPython.

Sorry, this looks like more work than I'm able to squeeze in. I was hoping for
a well-established, time-tested API, but it looks more like work in progress.

If someone contributes patches including docs I'd be happy to try them out and check
them in.

The current docstring support isn't all that complicated. Look in boost/libs/python/src/object/function.cpp,
mainly function::signature().

Ralf