[C++-sig] Py++ - Can't Seem To Get It Working

Lawrence Spector Lawrence.Spector at CanfieldSci.com
Thu Jul 12 17:07:18 CEST 2007

Is there a way to specific flags to Py++, so that GCCXML can get past this issue?

-----Original Message-----
From: c++-sig-bounces at python.org [mailto:c++-sig-bounces at python.org] On Behalf Of Lawrence Spector
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2007 4:20 PM
To: Development of Python/C++ integration
Subject: Re: [C++-sig] Py++ - Can't Seem To Get It Working

gccxml.exe didn't show up from what I installed yesterday.  I downloaded version 0.60 (which is old, I know) and got things working (sorta).

I'm going to play around with the gccxml_windows_installer from the Py++ website and see if I can figure out why it wasn't successfully building gccxml.exe.

Anyway, with my current configuration, I generated Py++ code, but I'm having compilation problems now.  First, I get compile errors for certain things from Windows.  Secondly, I had a boost header in there and during the compile I got an error saying the following:

#error "Compile threading support is not turned on.  Please set the current command line options for threading: either /MT /MTd /MD or /MDd.

As for the cygwin issue, I'll try to take a look at it when I get things more stable on my end.  I did just download the latest and greatest Cygwin, because I needed an update for cmake; so I don't know if that may be related.

Thanks,

Lawrence