[C++-sig] Trouble with Py++/boost.python

Roman Yakovenko roman.yakovenko at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 20:17:22 CET 2007

On 1/29/07, Robert O'Callahan <ropoctl at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, I got it to build a .so.  But python doesn't import it.  "ImportError: ./opennurbs.so: undefined symbol: _ZTI8ON_Curve"  I dunno how it missed a class.

Are you sure you compiled against the right header files or your Python bindings
sees right opennurbs.so?

> I also tried to build bindings for Irrlicht:
[cut error message]

It is very difficult to say what is wrong without context. Can you
post small amount
of code and error message.

P.S. Py++ allows you to generate code that will be much user friendly:

mb = module_builder_t()
mb.classes().always_expose_using_scope = True

Thus every declaration will be exposed at its own line and it will be
easier to associate
error with the code.

--
Roman Yakovenko