[C++-sig] Importing into embedded Python

Pertti Kellomäki pk at cs.tut.fi
Wed Feb 28 20:10:30 CET 2007

Stefan Seefeld wrote:
> You seem to be missing a call to
>
> PyImport_AppendInittab("testing", inittesting);
>
> before the call to PyRun_SimpleString.

Thanks, that indeed allows me to use stuff in the testing module.
It is not quite what I was hoping for, as the Python code will
come from a user-written file, and ideally I would like the
Python code to be able to load arbitrary modules. However,
the set of Boost.Python produced modules is fairly small,
so in a pinch I can simply import all of them using
PyImport_AppendInittab. A tad too brute force to my taste, but
I can live with it.

> (Also note that the soon-to-be boost 1.34 has an enhanced
> API for the above, boost::python::exec() and boost::python::exec_file().)

I'm looking forward for 1.34 to come out officially.
--
Pertti