[C++-sig] import does not return with custom extension

Christian K. ckkart at hoc.net
Mon Aug 13 10:05:19 CEST 2007

Hi,

I built an extension with mingw on Windows XP using scons according to a
recipe found on this list (SConstruct attached). I use a
boost_python.dll which is part of some other project (openalea) as I
have not yet understood how to build it myself.

I renamed the resulting .dll into .pyd and when I try to import it from
a python shell, started from a cygwin shell, the prompt does not come
back. If I start python from the DOS prompt, and import the extension, I
get an error about 'missing cygwin1.dll/mingw.dll'. After copying those
two to the current dir, the import hangs as before.

Does anybody have an idea what is going on here? How could I debug that
issue?

Thanks, Christian