[C++-sig] Difficult problem with GCCXML typedef of templated class

Roman Yakovenko roman.yakovenko at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 21:30:28 CEST 2007

On 4/22/07, Rocketman at JSC <snemeth at houston.rr.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to Py++ wrap a templated class and seem to have a problem with
> GCCXML.  I get the error "xml_find_template_parm encountered unsupported
> type non_lvalue_expr" and it seems to be instigated from a typedef
> statement
> "typedef Units< 0,  1,  0,  0 >::Units Length;".
>
> The full source code of the header file is in:
> http://enbridge.kundert.ca/units/units_t.h
>
> I know there may not be a fix for this but does anyone have a work around.

I believe that you found a bug in GCCXML, but I was not able to reproduce
is. I built XML from your header file. May be you excluded too much? I
attached the generated file.

Can you report this bug to gccxml mailing list(
http://www.gccxml.org/mailman/listinfo/gccxml)? All you need is to be able
to reproduce the bug, than run gccxml with "-E" option. This will create
preprocessed file, that you can send( attach ) to the bug report.

--
Roman Yakovenko
C++ Python language binding