[C++-sig] how to wrap multi c++ files into python by pyste?

Roman Yakovenko roman.yakovenko at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 08:55:37 CEST 2006

On 9/14/06, Qinfeng(Javen) Shi <shiqinfeng at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
>  I know how to wrap a single c++ file into python by pyste? Does anybody how
> to wrap many c++ files into several *.so?

Take a look on this:
http://www.boost.org/libs/python/pyste/doc/running_pyste.html
It seems that you should combine "multiple" and "generate-main" options.

> We can't  wrap every single file
> seperately because some types and functions used in it may be delared in
> other file. And puting everything into a huge single file is a ugly thing.

I suggest you to look at Py++. Py++ is able to split generated code to
few files, more
over it is able to split generated code for single class to multiple
files. Take a look on
http://tinyurl.com/h33pn . Using Py++ you can generate code for a few
modules from the same Python script.

--